|Scott Wolfe MD
Upper Extremity Surgeon
- Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins. Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude.
- Master of Arts Privatum: Yale University.
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City.
- Surgical Residency: Roosevelt Hospital, New York City.
- Orthopedic Residency: Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Hand & Microsurgery Fellowship: Columbia University Medical Center.
- International training: Sterling Bunnell Travelling Fellowship.
- Chief of Hand Surgery and Professor: Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- Chief, Hospital for Special Surgery Hand & Upper Extremity, HSS 2001-2011.
- Director, Hand Fellowship Program, Hospital for Special Surgery 2000-2012.
- Professor: Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City.
- Expertise in complex bone, nerve, ligament and muscle injuries.
- Expertise in latest medical instrument and device technology.
- Inventor: Acclaimed new artificial wrist.
- Editor in Chief Green’s Operative Hand Surgery.
- President New York Society for Surgery of the Hand 2014-2015.
- Faculty Director Hospital for Special Surgery 2003-2016.
- Chairman Orthopedic Promotions Committee 2006-2016.
- Chairman Credentials Committee 2003-2016.
- Past Member HSS Medical Board.
- Member HSS Executive Council 2003-2016.
Dr. Wolfe currently holds membership in the following professional committees and organizations:
Chief Emeritus, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery
- Chief of The Brachial Plexus and Traumatic Nerve Injury Center, HSS.
- Prior Faculty Director Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Prior Chairman, Orthopedic Promotions Committee, HSS.
- Prior Chairman, Credentials Committee, HSS.
- Prior Member of the Medical Board of HSS.
- Prior Member, Orthopedic Department Executive Council.
- Prior Vice-President New York Society of Surgery of the Hand.
- Hand Fellowship Director, HSS, 2000-2012.
- Chief, Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, HSS 2001-2011.
- South African Society for Surgery of the Hand .
- American Orthopaedic Association.
- New York Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons.
- Kiros Society.
- New England Orthopedic Society.
- Orthopaedic Research Society.
- Academic Orthopaedic Society.
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- International Wrist Investigator's Workshop.
- New England Hand Study Group.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association.
- The Robert E. Carroll Hand Club.
- New England Hand Society.
- Connecticut State Medical Association.
- Fairfield County Medical Association.
- American Medical Association.